Om She Aromatherapy - Miracle Body Oil | Review

01:19

Ah, my favourite lie I like to tell myself is "I am only popping to TK Maxx to have a look". And I know when I am telling this to myself I will leave with at least a new candle (or more like 60 quid lighter and with 2 bags of shopping). I do love browsing their skincare section because you might be able to pick up a few bargains (such as Organic Surge are always are cheaper than RRP) or come across brands which otherwise are hard to find in UK (such as my beloved Deep Steep) or just explore the brands you have never heard of (such as this one I am about to write the review).


This bottle was picked alongside the other items. It was only £3.99 (yes, I was incredibly lazy to keep the price label) for 125ml. To be honest, I did not had any big hopes about this body oil because I am not a massive fan of body oils.

Om She Aromatherapy Miracle Body Oil comes in 125ml and costs $9.99 (Australian dollars). The Miracle Body Oil has jojoba, sweet almond and rosehip oils as a base and then a blend of essential oils. There are 3 types:


  • Relax - lavender, chamomile, sandalwood and sweet orange
  • Revitalise - peppermint, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary
  • Serenity - palmarosa, bergamot, neroli, rose otto and rosewood


The only choice available was relax. I am very impartial to lavender and tend to choose my body and skincare with more exciting scents. However when I opened the bottle I was very surprised how pleasant the aroma was. The overall scent is true to the description because you can definitely sense all of the 4 notes. The scent is noticeable when applying the oil to the skin however it is not overpowering and cannot be smelt once the PJ's are on. I like to massage the oil in straight out of the shower when my skin is damp (but not wet because it will taking forever to absorb) and then follow with a balm to add moisture to the dry patches on my legs. Considering I was using this oil though the winter, my skin felt comfortable, smooth and moisturised. I shower before bedtime so this body oil is very appropriate to be applied before settling to sleep for its calming and relaxing properties. I have been thoroughly enjoying massaging my skin with this oil in the evening, when it felt like a little peaceful time to myself, helping me to de-wind from a hard and tiring day.
Vegan, 100% natural, cruelty free.

Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Eglanteria (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood Oil), Geraniol, Eugenol, d Limonene, Linalool.

Om She Aromatherapy is an Australian brand. They are completely cruelty free - they do not test on animals themselves and ask their suppliers to provide certification of no animal testing. Also they do not sell in countries where animal testing is mandatory. Surprisingly Om She Aromatherapy are not accredited by any cruelty free organisation (such as BUAV, PETA, leaping Bunny etc.) for being officially cruelty free in order "to protect [their] proprietary blends".

I thought this body oil was a steal because you get 100% natural ingredients so out of curiosity I have decided to look up the other items in the company's range. Unfortunately I have discovered a large proportion of the range contains ingredients like methylchloroisothiazolinone, triethanolamine, carbomer, isoparaffin and other ingredients which are frequently frowned upon in the green beauty community. Personally I would not be happy applying these ingredients to my skin hence I would not be purchasing anything else from this brand in the future however I would still like to try the other 2 variations of the body oil since the blend is 100% natural.


The summary

The good: Surprisingly surprised by the lavender scent
The bad: The rest of the range does not seem to be very natural
The notable: The body oil is very affordable


Disclaimer - products are bought by me with my own money. Please check the official website for up to date information regarding every product. All information presented in this article is opinion of the author and cannot be taken as a fact.



Agave Bun x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Instagram