Review: Bodhi and Birch Neroli Luce Revitalising and Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oils

23:25

I swear this is not intentional but I am going to review deluxe aromatherapy orientated products for the 3rd time in the row (solid basis for a conspiracy theory 🙊 ). Bodhi and Birch is England based brand with the vision of bringing Western and Eastern wellbeing philosophies. They are cruelty-free however their skincare range Rosa Rosa contains milk derivatives. If you have ever smelt Bodhi & Birch products you will know each bottle has unique intricate aroma, although I would not say I like every single scent. Each eco-luxury filled bottle comes with a high price tag but as discussed in my previous post this reflects the price of good quality essential oils.



Let's talk about these bottles first. The glass is absolutely black and you cannot see the oil inside even you are holding the bottle against the light. This leads me to believe they are made of a similar material as Odacite and La Belle Lune  bottles which block light and allow to keep the oil fresh for longer. This is great because if you are paying a hefty price you would want to benefit from all the vitamins and antioxidants, the downside is that you cannot see how much is remaining inside the bottle. I love the pump mechanism which keeps the oil inside more fresh than a dropper bottle which exposes oil to air every time you use the oil. I like the little kink at the end of the pump tube because this will allow you to get the latest drops of these heavenly oils. 

First of all let's talk about Neroli Luce Revitalising Face Oil. As you have probably noticed this bottle is small - it is a 5ml sample/travel bottle which retails for £12 on the official website and £9.95 on Naturisimo. The full 15ml bottle will const you £32 hence as a big advocate of samples I would recommend to try before you buy. This oil is targeted for people with oily/combination/blemish prone skin (i.e. me). The official promise is to "revive a lacklustre complexion, increase elasticity, boost resilience, heal blemishes and rebalance the skin’s natural hydration system" with key ingredients of Tunisian Neroli, Frankincense and Sea Buckthorn oil. I absolutely love this oil and the smell of neroli is just divine. I love how light the texture is and it easily sinks into my skin without making me greasy or clogging my pores. Whilst this was not a miracle worker it did not exacerbate my skin blemishes. Would I repurchase it? Absolutely, it is one of the best facial oils I have tried! I just wish the price was more pocket-friendly 😉

Empty bottle

Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca, (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil, Lavendula Augustifolia (High-Altitude Lavender) Flower Oil, Pelargoneum Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini (Palmarosa) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang-Ylang) Flower Oil, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Citral*, Citronellol*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Geraniol*, Isoeugenol*, Limonene*, Linalool*
* natural component of essential oils

Desert Rose Rejuvenating Face Oil is quite the opposite - it is geared towards people with dry, dehydrated, mature and lacklustre skin. The full size 15ml bottle costs £38 or £14 for 5ml trial (£9.95 on Naturisimo). The promise is to "intensely hydrate skin and stimulate cell rejuvenation" leaving the "complexion refined and even-toned with a youthful glowing radiance". I am in my twenties so I cannot comment on restoring-youthful-glow properties however I would say this oil is very hydrating. I usually add one pump of this oil to my morning moisturiser and let the whole goodness absorb into my skin while I am having breakfast. I will blot my face with a tissue before putting on sunscreen to make sure my SPF is not getting diluted. I love how nourishing this oil is because it is winter and cold and dry air are not doing favours to my skin.

Two things to notice. First, the smell. It is rose based and I am a sucker for roses. However I have noticed the rose aroma tends to trigger the most negative reviews. Rose scents are either hit or miss and I have seen some reviews saying they cannot use this facial oil because of the smell. Personally I love having a sniff of my hands before I smooth this goodness over my skin and then rub in the remaining oil into my hands so nothing goes to waste. If you do not like roses maybe get a sample first. Second point is the ingredients. This oil has wheatgerm oil as its 4th ingredient. Looks pretty harmless but wheatgerm oil has comedogenic score of 5 (out of 5 making it very comedogenic). I have blemish prone skin however I would not say this oil has been breaking me out. I do not know what was the rationale behind choosing wheatgerm oil however this is something to keep in mind when thinking about purchasing this oil. Would I repurchase it? Of course, for next winter, maybe there will even be a sale 😇



Ingredients: Argania Spinosa (Organic Argan) Kernel Oil**, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheatgerm) Oil, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Santalum Spicatum (Sandalwood) Oil, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citral*, Eugenol*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Farnesol*, Limonene*
*natural component of essential oils


**organic ingredient


The summary

The good: each product is pure luxury, making it an ideal present
The bad: skincare line is pretty much geared towards dry skin
The notable: the creating process is very thoughtful, I love how the company went above and beyond with these bottles

This company produces very fine products however not everyone is a fan of the end-product aroma. My usual advice is to buy samples first and luckily the official website has trial versions of almost every single product they make (which also makes it perfect for travelling!). 

Have you tried any of Bodhi & Birch products? Let me know in the comment below. I would love to try their balms!


Disclaimer - every product in this post has been bought by me with my own money. Please check the official website for up to date information regarding every product. All information presented in this article is opinion of the author and cannot be taken as a fact.

Agave Bun x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Instagram